- You can change your username in Windows 11 for any accounts you have.
- For local accounts, open the Control Panel and change the account name in User Accounts.
- If you have a Microsoft account, open Settings and go to Accounts; find your account and use the Manage button to open the account webpage.
Windows 11 (along with older versions of Windows, like Windows 10) makes it easy to change the username associated with any accounts you use in Windows. You can do this whether you are using a local account or logging in with a Microsoft account, though the steps will vary.
How to change the username for a local account in Windows 11
1. Start the Control Panel. To do this, click the Start button and then type “Control Panel.” Click Control Panel when you see it in the search results.
2. Click User Accounts.
3. Click Change account type.
4. In the Choose the user you would like to change section, click the account that has the username you want to change.
5. Click Change the account name.
6. Enter the new name and then click Change Name.
How to change your username for a Microsoft account in Windows 11
1. Click the Start button and then click Settings.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click Accounts.
3. Click Email & accounts.
4. In the Accounts used by other apps section, click your Microsoft account and then click Manage.
5. Your Microsoft account page should open in a web browser. At the top of the page, click Your info.
6. In the top section, click Edit name.
7. Make any changes to your name and then click Save.